Monday, March 23, 2009

A is for Anniversary ...

... I know, I know, how can we have an anniversary if we've only been married for three months? Well, as of March 20th, Alma and I have been together for exactly one year, and that's worth celebrating.

If you had told me one year ago that I would be married to Alma Jean, I would have told you that you were smoking some sweet dope. Funny how life has a way of surprising you.

We've had our share of ups and downs over the past year. Ups definitely being the day we got married, the day Alma proposed, the day we said "I love you," and the entire two weeks of our honeymoon. Downs being our first fight, our first fight after we got married, and having no money cause we spent it all on the wedding and honeymoon. But it's all been totally worth it.

When I got home from Atlanta and was once again in the arms of my husband, I had the pleasant realization that I was indeed married to my very best friend in the world.

What an exciting, suprising, and funny life it is! I can only wonder what surprises our next year together has in store.

2 comments:

Shea McGee said...

yay for marriage!

Googs said...

Congrats! You guys are great together.