Tuesday, March 3, 2009

I is for Indian ...

... Sunday night, Alma and I had an Indian food night in.

I've recently developed quite the addiction to Indian food. I don't know why, but I love it. I think the blend of spices in Indian food is delicious. Unfortunately, Indian restaurants in Provo aren't the cheapest thing around, and since we're trying to save our pennies right now, we don't go out much. Which means that I've had a serious unfulfilled craving for some chicken tikka masala.

So I've been trying my hand at making some Indian food. I've made chicken tikka masala, naan bread, red kidney bean curry, indian spiced cauliflower and potatoes, raita, and homemade hummus. Most of it was delish, but the tikka masala was a bit too spicy for me, and I am still jonesing for the restaurant kind. Alma liked it a lot though. I think next time, I'll halve the amount of red pepper called for in the chicken marinade. The kidney bean curry was my favorite. Alma, of course, thought it would be better with meat.

Below are links to the recipes I used. They were a lot easier than I thought they would be. Give them a try. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

Indian Spiced Cauliflower & Potatoes and Raita

Red Kidney Bean Curry
Chicken Tikka Masala
Naan Bread
Hummus

2 comments:

Rasmussen Family said...

isn't hummus the best!!

McArthur Family said...

Hey Lexi. It's Amber...I can totally relate to the unfulfilled craving for chicken tikka masala. We've got the best Indian restaurant here.