Thursday, March 12, 2009

I is for Idol...

... This year, as with every year before, I swore off American Idol before the season started.

"Why won't they just let the show die?" I asked. It's obvious America is no longer interested in another made-for-tv mediocre singer. Eight seasons is seven seasons too many, I said.

When I heard they were bringing on another a judge, I was slightly tempted. And then I reminded myself that I was so over American Idol.

The singers are never that great, I said, and the wrong person always gets kicked off too soon (think Chris Daughtry, Jennifer Hudson, Michael Johns). What's the point of watching? Besides, American Idol is totally second-rate compared to So You Think You Can Dance.

But sometimes, a show is a phenomenon because it really is that good.

And I am loving American Idol this season.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

I do agree with you that So You Think You Can Dance is way better. I never watch Idol, but I always watch So You Think You Can Dance. : )