Thursday, November 20, 2008

G is for Groomals...

... So we did our groomal photo shoot on Tuesday in Salt Lake. For those of you who don't know, groomals are like bridals, but with the groom in the pictures as well. It doesn't really make sense because if bridals are just the bride, then shouldn't groomals be just the groom? Maybe we should call them broomals?

Anyway, our photographer, Brody Dezember, is awesome, and he did a lot more locations than usual for us. We did three and a half hours of photos, and I think we got some good ones. To top it all of, my car battery died during the shoot and so Brody magnanimously jumped our car for ours. Thanks Mom, for giving me that emergency car kit last year.

Big thanks to Brody for going above and beyond the norm for us. I'd highly recommend him to anyone who's looking for a photographer. He has been wonderful to work with.

Also, muchos gracias to my dear sister Jeannie and cute nephew Jace for coming to help out with the dress. They ended up sitting in my dead car for two hours! So sorry!

Here's a couple shots, but you can see more at Brody's blog. Hope you like them!



5 comments:

jeannie said...

um, you forgot to mention that your sister was stuck in the car for an hour and a half while you were taking pictures. thanks, i can see that jace and i were really appreciated. :)

Kate Patterson said...

Your pictures look great. Don't worry they are good. your dress is really pretty:)

Kathleen said...

Let me tell you, I love your pictures! (And I just spent an hour creepily looking at other people's engagements and groomals on your photog's blog. How creepy am I?!)

Hope all is well!

Googs said...

Your GROOMALS look amazing! I am so glad that you did things the way YOU wanted them.

overland23.blogspot.com said...

Hi Alexis! We haven't met but Alma might've mentioned I was the crazy Samoan that served w/him. Just wanted to leave a comment. Love your blogging style, wish I hadnt missed your wedding but am happy you guys are doing great. Hope to meet you one day :) Sincerely Afo aka Ova