Sunday, November 23, 2008

B is for Bond...

... or maybe for Bourne. We went to see the new 007 Bond movie on Friday, and to be quite honest, it seemed more like a Bourne movie than a Bond movie. Don't get me wrong, it was a great action flick, and the cinematography and fight sequences were incredible, but it was lacking on plot and character development.

So I was a little disappointed, especially since I loved the last Bond film with Daniel Criag and was hoping for the same in this one. I miss the witty repartee that is usually part of a Bond movie. I kept waiting for the "Bond, James Bond."

My only consolation on this one is that I think it's setting the scene for the next Bond film, so hopefully that one will be more in keeping with the "shaken, not stirred" Bond I love.

I wouldn't recommend skipping the movie, I would maybe just wait until it's in the dollars or out on video. Besides, who doesn't love watching Daniel Craig?

No comments: