Sunday, January 25, 2009

C is for Couches...

... We haven't had anything to sit on or eat on in our apartment since we moved in. I've been on KSL.com looking at the classifieds constantly, trying to find some couches that are in good condition and aren't too expensive. I found a couple prospective ones, but before either Alma and I could go look at them, they were sold. The good ones go in less than a few hours. So last weekend, after much complaining and begging, I finally got Alma to promise me that we would go look at couches. We went to the RC Willey scratch-and-dent outlet Friday night and sitting there waiting for us was a beautiful leather and microfiber couch and love seat set for only $510! We looked them over, sat on them, messed around with the cushions and the pillows, watched some other people express interest in them, and finally decided to buy them before it was too late. We're now the proud owners of two lovely sofas. They're a bit bigger than we had planned on, but it was worth it for the price and for how much I like them. They were a pretty big pain to get into a third floor apartment, though. A big thanks to Gary and Crystal for their huge help with moving them in. We couldn't have done it without you.




3 comments:

Googs said...

Awesome find you guys! They will last you a really long time. I have microfiber and it cleans great with a hot soapy cloth. Enjoy!!

Rasmussen Family said...

Ooh, they do look nice:) Leather is the best!

Jordan said...

wow, those are pretty nice! I wish we had pretty couches! Ours aren't bad but they're old. My husband grew up using the couches that we inherited.