Tuesday, May 19, 2009

R is for Running...

... Last summer around this time, I was in such awesome shape. I was running marathon distances. And enjoying it!

This year, sadly, I am nowhere close to that. The other day I ran about 3 miles, and it was hard. What a lazy bum I've turned into! I can't decide if it's the weather that has prevented me running thus far, or the fact that I'm married now and I never want to do things without Alma by my side. And I don't like running alone. Alma doesn't enjoy running, which leaves me in the aforementioned predicament. It also probably has something to do with the fact that since getting engaged in August, I essentially quit exercising in any way. Which worked out for me pre-marriage (I lost 12 pounds) but hasn't worked out for me post-marriage (I gained 12 pounds).

The long and short of this is, I've got to start running again and get back in shape. Swimsuit season is practically upon us!

Tonight I'm attempting four miles. Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Carson and Shelly* said...

Hey do you want to run the Hemophilis 5K with me, Jill, Heidi, Brad and Melinda?

Rasmussen Family said...

Good Luck! I think there are faster ways to burn fat than running...like SWIMMING:)