Thursday, May 7, 2009

C is for Cards...

... Guys, believe it or not, I just spent $20 on Mother's Day cards! A whopping $20! On cards! What?!?!

I could not find a single card under $3, and most were over $4! When you have three grandmothers, a mom and a mother-in-law, that can add up pretty quickly.

All I can say is the greeting card business is seriously running some kind of sweet racket. They've made a business out of commercializing holidays. How much more evil can you get than to turn once innocent and special days meant to be spent with family counting your blessings into a money-making scheme by card-creating corporations?

(For my mom or grandma that may be reading this - I totally don't mind paying for or sending you a mother's day card. I'm just saying that Hallmark is out to get us all.)

1 comment:

Nicole said...

That's why I usually make mine using my scrapbook stuff. : ) It's fun and cheaper. (not that I'm very good though)