Tuesday, February 17, 2009

V is for Valentine's...

... I've had lots of Valentine's days in my life. But I have to admit this Valentine's Day was the best.

I didn't go to a fancy restaurant. I didn't get any gifts or candy.

I spent it in Malad, Idaho, probably the least romantic place in the world. I spent it with my parents, my siblings and their spouses. We had a homemade dinner, and we had to clean up the dishes afterward. Kids were running all over the house, interrupting the meal and the conversation. And after dinner, we played a game that resulted in the women yelling at the men and vice versa.

Despite the fact that it was not your typical Valentine's Day, and definitely not what I had requested of Alma previously, it was the best Valentine's Day ever.

Why? Because I spent it with my family, the people I love most. And, above all, I shared it with my husband, the person I love most in the entire world.

And that trumps any amount of fancy restaurants, flowers, and gifts.

3 comments:

Rasmussen Family said...

Valentine's Day being married ROCKS

Melanie said...

Well said Lexi. I couldn't agree with you more.

Anonymous said...

I went to a monster truck rally on valentines day. Pretty white trash of me, I know.