Wednesday, February 11, 2009

G is for Grumpy...

... Don't mess with me today. I am in a bad mood. And since, as Bill Watterson* once said, "Nothing helps a bad mood like spreading it around," I'm going to tell you all about it.

I woke up late. Usually, I just don't shower when that happens, but after a night of tossing and turning and dreaming about spiders*, my hair was out of control and could only be tamed by a shower - thus making me even later.

The clothes I planned on wearing looked terrible and made me look lumpy, so I was forced to change several times, setting the clock back even more.

I had no time to do my make-up, so I've been at work all day looking like death warmed over.

I yelled at my laptop and at my husband. The laptop took it lying down, the husband didn't.

I yelled at the car in front of me on my way to work, and then yelled at a lady at work. She'd made the same mistake three times, but she probably didn't deserve to be yelled at.

Then I yelled at my favorite co-worker Rebecca for telling me my reasons for being in a bad mood were lame.

All this yelling at people makes me feel guilty, which makes me in an even worse mood.

I didn't get my homework done in time (I know, I know, that one's my own fault), so I was completely unprepared
for class, which made me even crankier.

It's snowing, again.

The only good thing that has happened today is my co-worker Michael gave me a sandwich from Carl's Jr. in exchange for all the candy he eats from off my desk. Thanks Michael. You're like the one bright ray of sun on a miserably cold and cloudy day like today.

So like I said, don't mess with me today. Chances are, I'll probably yell at you too.

*Bill Watterson is the author of Calvin & Hobbes

*I saw a spider on my bed Monday night. It ran off before I could kill it, so I've been having nightmares of spiders biting me for the past two nights. It's keeping both me and Alma from getting any kind of good sleep.

2 comments:

jeannie said...

uh, maybe you should just send alma out tonight

Shelly said...

Love ya Lex! :)