Tuesday, July 21, 2009

P is for Phoenix...

... Wicked was wonderful, and Phoenix was HOT! It's a pity it wasn't the middle of the winter.

Having never really listened to the music from Wicked or read the story, Friday night's performance was one big, spectacular surprise for me. It's definitely as good as everyone says it is. I love the story and the way it ends. My favorites songs were Popular (of course), I'm Not That Girl, Defying Gravity, and For Good. I'm not ashamed to admit I was on the verge of tears at the end.

That being said, however, it didn't top Les Miserables as my number one musical.

The rest of the trip was perfect, except for the long car ride home. Thanks Andy, Alysa, and everyone else for the great time!


2 comments:

Nicole said...

You drove to Phoenix? Wow. I wish I liked driving that much. But you named pretty much all my favorite songs from that musical too. Except I haven't been fortunate enough to see it yet. I'm glad you enjoyed it!

Googs said...

It was great, wasn't it! Ging