Monday, April 6, 2009

S is for Style...

... Once, I was a pretty stylish dresser (or so I like to think). I went shopping more than once a month, and spent more than I should on clothes. I did my research, I watched for the latest trends, and I adapted my style accordingly.

Then I got engaged. And then I got married. My fashion has been going downhill ever since.

It's not because I don't care anymore. I still do my research. I still check out the trends. It's just that you have to update your wardrobe to stay fashionably current. And right now, there are more important things to spend my hard-earned pennies on.

Or at least that's what Alma tells me.

But I just thought ya'll should know that someday, I'll be stylish again. It'll probably be three or four years down the road, but it'll happen.

At least, that's what I tell myself.

7 comments:

jeannie said...

It will probably be a lot longer than that. There is always something "more important."

Jourdan said...

I feel your pain. I'm obsessed with The Sartorialist and everything akin to it...but I do not have the finances to follow them. Oh, my heart.

Alma said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Alma said...

Dumb... get yourself out of debt and then you can get your clothes. Tonight, I think I want a whamburger for dinner. PA-LEASE...

carlean said...

Try someday when your future children are through college, missions, and married. Then maybe you can be the stylish "older" lady.
Although I think style is in you no matter how you dress.

jeannie said...

what's a whamburger?

noelle regina said...

move to ny where it seems everyone else is on the top of the fashion world- spending their entire incomes (or at least the equivalent of my entire income) on clothing!