Wednesday, April 8, 2009

S is for Sandals...

... These JCrew sandals have been sitting in my closet for about a month, taunting me. They set me back $49.50, plus tax. Which, in my opinion, is too much to spend for a pair of flip-flops, however cute and gold they may be.

I never intended to buy them. But the sales lady was so friendly, and she raved about how cute they looked with my outfit, and I was afraid to say no. So I bought them, fully intending to return them the next day.

I haven't gotten back to the store yet. And every morning, they whisper to me, "Wear us. We would be adorable with that outfit you've got on. You need a new pair of leather flip-flops. We'd last forever. We're totally with 50 bucks."

So far, I've held strong. But they've almost convinced me. I get weaker daily. Can I get a little help out there?

Speaking of taunting, this ad keeps popping up everywhere on the internet, and I'm starting to really want that dress. Wouldn't it look cute with those sandals?


6 comments:

carlean said...

Just say no. You will feel empowered. And it will impress you husband. Isn't that worth more than the cute sandals?

Rasmussen Family said...

I'm sure you can find similar sandals somewhere cheap if you look--then you'll only be set back 14 dollars and you can get the dress to go with them:)

Jessica said...

Yeah where is this dress ad from?

daveandsavani said...

hey alexis, i didn't know you guys had a blog..but now I do, and now Im gonna follow it =). you wanna send me you email address so that I can add you to ours?!

savani_aupiu@yahoo.com

Summers Family Blog said...

Cute sandals = two tanks of gas

Jordan said...

I agree that you should return the sandals even though they're very cute... I'm sure you can find the same ones for much cheaper... In fact, you could get that $50 dress instead!