Friday, July 30, 2010

K is for Signs...

Today I saw a boy in the hot sun holding a cardboard sign with the sentence: "Why lie I just wanna go to a rave."

At least this boy is honest, unlike many other sign holders, who just love to be dirty, looking.

The only problem I have with this young boy is that he seemed a little outdated. Raves are so 2000 and one and his penmanship sucked.

However, he did spell "wanna" correct: two n's and two a's; don't forget the w.

Side note, I can see this boy getting, buying, stealing a permanent marker for his sign (because he was well groomed and wearing a backpack; obviously a sign that he was not homeless, perhaps... just delinquent. "Uhhh, what's in your backpack?") but where do the homeless people get their markers from. I can't imagine them going to the store (not even a 99 cent store) and actually spending their precious money to buy a pen instead of food... or drugs. But then again, who is to say that all homeless people do drugs, not me. But maybe they do buy markers from staples; it's like an investment.

3 comments:

carlean said...

you must be bored, Alma. but if you could just blog once a day, I could get a good laugh. have a ton of fun in Hawaii. i am jealous.

Alma said...

Bored and out of my mind... P.S. You need to post a profile picture on Facebook because some people might think you are a snoop-er. An unstalkerly picture like flowers or horses might do the trick.

carlean said...

i don't even know how to post a picture. that is why there isn't one. and i am a snoop-er. i like to see what my kids are up to.