Friday, September 18, 2009

C is for Correspondence...

... Dear Salem,
I think that I could grow to like you. It seems like you have lots of hidden gems that a little exploring would reveal. I like the look of your "historic downtown." Alma's too busy with law school. But I think that maybe you and I could be friends. If only I had a girlfriend to explore you with.

... Dear Whitney,
I finally have time to play, and we're in different states! I wish you were here to explore Salem with me. I think we could have some fun around town together. Maybe you should start checking on flights to come see me?

... Dear Jeannie,
Watching So You Think You Can Dance just isn't the same without you and Jared making comments while we watch. I miss Wednesday TV nights together. But I miss you and Jace even more.

... Dear University Communications,
I miss working with you. I even miss staff meeting. That sentence only should tell you the depth of my feelings.

... Dear Business I interviewed with,
Though I'm not terribly excited about the position I interviewed for, I'd probably still accept if you offered it to me, simply out of sheer boredom. I'll be expecting your phone call on Monday.

... Dear Lazy,
Go away. You're not wanted here. It's too hard to get anything done with you hanging around.

... Dear Willamette Law,
I hope you're worth losing my husband for at least a year, if not three. It's a sacrifice I'm willing to make, but don't forget to hold up your side of the bargain.

And Finally...

... Dear Amy and Shawn,
Thanks for all the kindness and friendship you've sent our way. It's definitely received with gratitude, and has made the transition a lot easier. And you have adorable children. I just can't get enough of them.

1 comment:

Shea McGee said...

you're back in blogging action! this makes me happy. glad to hear you like Salem!