Sunday, May 16, 2010

N is for Nails...

... My darling sister-in-law Ji-hye came to keep me company over the weekend while Alma's in Hawaii. We had an excellent time!

Saturday night we had the fantastic idea to get a pedicure. Halfway through the pedicure, the Vietnamese woman doing my feet looked at my nails and said (please read in an Asian accent):

"Oh your hands are no good. You want manicure?"

I politely declined, but she was insistent.

"Only ten dollars more for manicure. Already paying $25. Only $35 for both. Cheap!"

How could I say no to that marketing ploy? I looked over at Ji-hye and said, "Why not?"

I'm a total sucker. But my hands and feet sure do look nice!

1 comment:

Googs said...

Isn't it a fact that when they say that it sounds so true? You truly believe that your nails look bad and that it is cheap to get them done. I am sure they look great now though! Sounds like a good time, I'm glad you had something to do while Alma is away and someone fun to be with. Have a great week!