Saturday, April 24, 2010

B is for Bunco...

... I went to my very first Bunco Night on Tuesday. I now feel completely inducted into Mormon Housewifedom. I'd never played it before and always wondered what all the hype was about. Now that I've played, I still don't know why it's such a craze among Mormon women. Just between you and me, I think it's really just an excuse to get out of the house and away from husbands and children for a night.

That said, however, I of course couldn't reject the offer to become an official member of their bunco group -it's an elite club of only 12 women - and you can only join when another woman drops out. I went as a substitute, but fortunately for me, a woman there announced that she was moving and I jumped on the opportunity to become a permanent fixture of their bunco group.

As a devout, faithful Mormon woman, how could I turn that down?

1 comment:

jeannie said...

hey! we miss you already. hope you have fun at your next bunco party! (p.s. your blog doesn't update in my reader anymore - weird)